5 Reasons to Sub in Summit Kids as a Parent
Jan 01, 2020
| By Elisabeth Crecink
We get it; you’re with your kid ALL. THE. TIME. Your weekly count of diaper changes, midmorning meltdowns, or exasperated sighs are already sky high. So why would you want to serve as a substitute in Summit Kids? Well, we have 5 reasons why.
- You are the primary disciplers of your children. Our mission in Summit Kids is to partner with parents to raise a generation for Christ. This partnership is more effective when we work closely together. Serving as a substitute will help you gain a better understanding of what your child is learning week after week, and you’ll be better equipped to have conversations about it during the week.
- You get to know the leaders in your child’s classroom. Every week you drop your son or daughter off to be loved, cared for, and taught by an amazing group of people. Seriously, our leaders are top notch. Serving a few times a semester will give you an opportunity to get to know them. Use that time to find out how you can pray for them, ask why they love to serve in Kids ministry, and maybe even sneak in a question about their favorite candy bar so you can occasionally treat them with a small surprise.
- Meet the parents of the children in your child’s class. My family started attending church when I was in elementary school. My family befriended the family of one of the girls in my Sunday School class, and I didn’t start enjoying church until that friendship grew. Greet the parents of your child’s friends, and introduce yourself. You may end up meeting some new friends in the process, too.
- It makes room for more families to come. The Summit is growing quickly. Every week at Capital Hills we have new families coming to visit for the first time. When we have enough leaders to care for every child who comes through our doors, we are able to serve our community more effectively.
- It’s so fun! Do a silly dance, hear crazy stories, and tickle babies to make them squeal with laughter. We have so much fun in Summit Kids week after week. Come check us out and see!
We try and make it as easy as possible for you to sign up to substitute in Kids. We ask that parents serve twice per semester in Kids. You can sign up here to select your two dates. You will receive an email the week before from your director to get more information about serving.
We’re so thankful we get the opportunity to partner with you. We love you and your kids, and can’t wait to see who they will grow up to be and what they will accomplish for the kingdom.