Save Lives, Change Lives: 4000 Steps
Feb 28, 2020
| By Kristy Wallace
Do you know about 4000 Steps? One of our local outreach partners, Human Coalition, holds this major event every spring to educate the community on how abortion affects us all, equip the local church with creative and practical ways to serve families in crisis, and raise support for their local nonprofit women's clinic that is helping women and families choose life. As a church, we want to offer a strong show of support for this important and life-changing work.
The 4000 Steps Experience is an opportunity not only to serve the families in our community through the work of Human Coalition but to learn more about the obstacles these families face and how you can be part of the solution. The event will take place at Imago Dei Church April 25, 8:30-11:30 AM, and all are welcome to attend! During the months of March and April we will be forming teams to raise money and awareness. Each team is encouraged to have 10 members and each fundraiser is challenged to raise or donate a minimum of $100. All of those who raise $250 or more will receive a Human Coalition t-shirt. Additional t-shirts will also be available at registration for purchase!
As a campus, Capital Hills will be working toward two goals:
- We will have 20 teams participating.
- We will raise $45,000 for Human Coalition.
Here are the ways that you can be involved:
- Be a team leader! Gather your small group, friends, and/or neighbors and start a team. You will be coached and resourced in how to make this happen.
- Join a team! Raise or donate $100 and enjoy the event with your friends and family on April 25.
- Donate! Any Capital Hills team will be happy to have you partner with them through giving.
- PRAY. Please join us in praying that Human Coalition will reach and even surpass their fundraising goal of $250,000 so that the work of helping women and families in crisis can continue. Pray also that the members of our campus will become educated in the issue and be moved to serve those hurting in our community.
You can register, donate, or learn more today at HumanCoaltion.org/4000StepsRDU.
If you have any questions, contact your church coordinator Kristy Wallace today!