“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” God was at work. He created humankind and gave them work to do. We were created in the image of a God who works. We were all created with gifts and a purpose to cultivate God’s world.
City Life (CL) is about equipping everyday Christians to connect their faith to their work. During CL, you will see how your work matters to God and how you can leverage your passions and skills in your vocation for the mission of God.
Four Core Learning Outcomes of City Life
Growing as Disciple of Jesus
(Worshiper, Family Member, Servant, Steward, Witness)
- Living out the five identities of a disciple while working full-time is different than living them out on campus. We will continue to press into the five identities we have as disciples of Jesus and how to be disciple-making disciples while working a full-time job.
- Weekly D-Groups, Bible Study, Daily Bible Readings, and living in community will mirror what post-graduate life will be like.
Marketplace Excellence for the Common Good
- Success in the marketplace should be defined through the lens of love. How does the work we do help love those who use our services or products? How does it help others in our community flourish?
- Working hard in a full-time internship, reading books on work/theology, watching talks, and forums taught by professional men/women will be a major part of CL.
Mission & Justice in the Marketplace
- God is a God of Justice. As image bearers, we should be doing our part to make our society and the world more just & this primarily happens in the marketplace.
- Whether we are teachers, lawyers, business owners, entrepreneurs, or blue-collar employees, we can and should love the poor in our community and around the world.
Leveraging your Career for the Mission of God
- City Life will give you a vision for joining a national or international church plant after graduation through your career. Do what you do well for the glory of God, and do it somewhere strategic for the mission of God.
Apply for City Life 2022
When: May 15-July 20, 2022
Applications will be accepted through March 13, 2022. Once applications are received, a member of the Summit College staff will contact each student about whether or not they are accepted into the program and with more details about the summer program.