“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” God was at work. He created humankind and gave them work to do. We were created in the image of a God who works. We were all created with gifts and a purpose to cultivate God’s world.
City Life (CL) is a summer program designed to give students a vision for how God can use their career for his mission and equip them to be a disciple-maker in the workplace.
Who can apply for CityLife? City Life is for any student who has either completed City Project or is an upperclassmen.
Four Core Learning Outcomes of City Life
Growing as Disciple of Jesus
(Worshiper, Family Member, Servant, Steward, Witness)
- Living out the five identities of a disciple while working full-time is different than living them out on campus. We will continue to press into the five identities we have as disciples of Jesus and how to be disciple-making disciples while working a full-time job.
- Weekly D-Groups, Bible Study, Daily Bible Readings, and living in community will mirror what post-graduate life will be like.
Marketplace Excellence for the Common Good
- Success in the marketplace should be defined through the lens of love. How does the work we do help love those who use our services or products? How does it help others in our community flourish?
- Working hard in a full-time internship, reading books on work/theology, watching talks, and forums taught by professional men/women will be a major part of CL.
Mission & Justice in the Marketplace
- God is a God of Justice. As image bearers, we should be doing our part to make our society and the world more just & this primarily happens in the marketplace.
- Whether we are teachers, lawyers, business owners, entrepreneurs, or blue-collar employees, we can and should love the poor in our community and around the world.
Leveraging your Career for the Mission of God
- City Life will give you a vision for joining a national or international church plant after graduation through your career. Do what you do well for the glory of God, and do it somewhere strategic for the mission of God.
What are the components of City Life?
- Weekly Bible Study/Dgroup
- Assigned resources each week
- Bi-weekly forum on select topics
- Mentorship by business professional
Apply for City Life 2023
When: May 22-July 13, 2023
Applications will be accepted through April 15, 2023. Once applications are received, a member of the Summit College staff will contact each student about whether or not they are accepted into the program and with more details about the summer program.