Rona Survival Guide
Ways to Grow
Read the Word daily:
Talk to God daily:
- Develop a rhythm and practice to be a man/woman of prayer. Use this helpful resource to get you moving in the right direction.
Ways to Serve
Be a digital missionary:
- As friends on social media how you can pray for them.
- Share what God has been teaching you online.
- Host a "watch party" with weekend services on Facebook
- Host a Google Hangout with friends from school:
- Why? Connect with them and see how they're doing.
- How is this missional? At the end, ask your friends if you can pray for them and if there is any way you can serve them.
- Share a daily word of encouragement on your social media accounts. You can tag us @summitstudentsRDU if you do that!
Be a physical missionary (God has placed you in a neighborhood for a reason!):
- Go on a walk in your neighborhood. Pray for families as you walk by their house.
- Ask your parents if it is okay to check in on the elderly in your neighborhood. Just remember to step away from their door when you knock on it (give yourself 6-8ft distance between you and the door).
- Host a 'Social Distance Hang Club' in your neighborhood.
- Set up a hangout with a fire pit in your driveway. Space the chairs out and provide s'mores. Use it as a way to meet other students that you've seen but don't actually know. Embrace the awkward and go for it!
Pray for missionaries and church planters
Staying Connected With Your Small Group
High School Students:
- Your small group will meet virtually each week. Same time as normal. You'll continue your study through Explore the Bible. Make sure to connect with your small group leader to get details.
Middle School Students:
- Although your group is not meeting regularly, make sure to stay in touch with your friends in your group. Talk to your parents about ways that you can communicate with them.
Books to Read
- Confronting Christianity - Rebecca McLaughlin
- A New Kind of Apologist - Sean McDowell
- Seven Men - Eric Metaxas
- Seven Women - Eric Metaxas
- Servant on the Edge of History - Sam James (autobiography)
- Free Biographies from Desiring God Ministries
- Knowing God - J.I. Packer
- Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart - J.D. Greear
- How to Stay Christian in College - J. Budziszewski
- The Insanity of God + Obedience - Nik Ripken
- Ruthless Elimination of Hurry - John Mark Comer
- 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You - Tony Reinke
- In the Arena: Promise of Spirts and Christian Discipleship - David Prince
- Counter Culture - David Platt
- Under Our Skin: Getting Real About Race - Benjamin Watson
Things to Binge
- The Chosen - Engaging. Biblically Faithful. Solid. Free this month!
- Right Now Media - Great shows, studies, and conference material.
- Bible Project - Short-form, fully animated videos. Experience the unified story of the Bible in a new and engaging way. A must watch for all teenagers.