Summit Kids COVID-19 Safety Measures
Summit Kids is excited to begin regathering for weekend programming in a limited capacity with RSVPs at many of our Summit locations. In alignment with advice from medical professionals, we will have capacity to open certain parts of Summit Kids at 50-percent capacity with aggressive safety and cleaning policies in place. The specific openings will look different at each campus, but the following protocols will be in place at all our locations.
Prior to Gathering With Summit Kids
Every parent should assess the following before allowing their child to attend weekend programming:
- Is my child showing any flu-like symptoms?
- Has my child had a fever of 100.4°F or higher in the past 14 days?
- Has my child had prolonged exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Is there any medical reason why I believe my child shouldn’t be around others?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we ask that your child refrain from gathering with others until they have been symptom-free for 10 days, 24 hours fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications, and all other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving.
- Everyone will wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be required for everyone on their way into Summit Kids.
- Fifty-percent room caps will be required to promote physical distancing in an age-appropriate way.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place before, during, and after services.
Safety Policies and Details
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout Summit Kids. We encourage everyone to wash their hands often.
- In addition to a limited number of kids within each classroom (50-percent capacity), classrooms will not rotate.
- Only Summit Kids leaders will operate check-in kiosks.
- Only one parent may enter the secure Summit Kids space during drop-off and pick-up to minimize foot traffic beyond the lobby.
- For nursery kids, all supplies must be packed in a gallon Ziploc bag. We will have extra bags available at check-in.
- Contact tracing will be conducted according to CDC guidelines.
- What if I had COVID-19 or likely had COVID-19? Can I attend or serve in Summit Kids?
- You must not attend or serve in Summit Kids for 10 days after either (1) symptom onset (if you started showing symptoms before a test), or (2) a positive test (should you not yet have symptoms).
- What if I was directly exposed to someone who had COVID-19? Can I attend or serve in Summit Kids?
- You must not attend or serve in Summit Kids for 14 days following exposure or until you have received a negative test result at least five days after exposure.
- Here are the CDC’s definitions of exposure and close contact.
- All Summit Kids staff and leaders will be required to wear a mask.
- Elementary-aged kids will be required to wear a mask.
- Preschoolers (ages 3 to 5) will be asked to wear a mask.
- Nursery (ages 2 and under) will not be allowed to wear a mask.
- Extra kid-sized masks will be provided on-site.
- All exceptions are on the honor system: special needs/GRACE class, people with difficulty breathing, and medical risks.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will take place before, between, and after services.
- All rooms will be professionally cleaned and sanitized each day.
- Rooms will be wiped down by volunteers between services.
- Water fountains will not be in use.
- Volunteers will wash their hands regularly.
- Hand sanitizer will be used throughout the service.
We look forward to safely partnering with you in the discipleship of your kids during this season!